ComboBox Control allows the user to select an item from a drop-down list or optionally to enter new text in the text box of the control. ComboBox can contain a collection of objects of any type (such as String, or Image.). In this tutorial, we will discuss how to add and remove an item in a ComboBox.
So, now let's start this tutorial!
1. Let's start with creating a Windows Form Application for this tutorial by following the following steps in Microsoft Visual Studio: Go to File, click New Project, and choose Windows Application.
2. Next, add one TextBox named TextBox1 which will be used as an input for inputting the names of a school. Add one ComboBox named ComboBox1 which will be used as a container to display the inputted schools in TextBox1. Add also two Buttons named Button1 labeled "Add" for adding items in the ComboBox and Button2 labeled "Remove" for removing the selected item in the ComboBox. You must design your layout like this:
3. Now, put this code in Button1_Click. This will display add an item on the ComboBox as we input a school in TextBox.
- Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
- MsgBox(TextBox1.Text & " Sucessfully added!")
- End Sub
For adding an item in the ComboBox, we simply type this syntax
ComboBox1.Items.Add . The ComboBox provides features that enable you to efficiently add items to the ComboBox as we input a String on our TextBox. Then it will prompt a message to the user that the inputted school was successfully added.
4. Now add this code for Button2_Click. This will remove the item you have selected in the ComboBox.
- Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
- MsgBox(TextBox1.Text & " Sucessfully removed!")
- End Sub
For removing an item in the ComboBox, we simply type this syntax
ComboBox1.Items.Remove(ComboBox1.SelectedItem). The ComboBox1.SelectedItem here was an action to select or click an item in the comboBox before clicking the remove button.
Then it will prompt a message to the user that the item in the ComboBox was successfully removed.
Download the source code below and try it! :)
For more inquiries and need programmer for your thesis systems in any kind of programming languages, just contact my number below.
Engr. Lyndon R. Bermoy
IT Instructor/System Developer/Android Developer
STI College - Surigao City
Follow and add me in my Facebook Account: https://www.facebook.com/donzzsky
Visit and like my page on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BermzISware