Using the HTML Form is very important in creating a PHP application, because it serves as a holder of information from a website's visitors and then use the PHP to process that information.
Heres the simple HTML Form.
The code below is a simple HTML Form with a two input boxes for Fullname, E-mail Address and a submit button. When the user click the submit button, the data in the form will be sent to the HTTP POST method to be processed in a PHP file called “processData.php”.
- <h1>Sample HTML Form</h1>
- <form action="processData.php" method="post">
- FullName:<input type="text" name="fullname"><br>
- E-mail Address: <input type="text" name="email"><br>
- <input type="submit">
Code for processData.php:
- echo 'Your Fullname is: '.$_POST['fullname'];
- echo '<br/>';
- echo 'Your Email address is: '.$_POST['email'];
The code above will simply display the data that has been passed from HTML Form using the superglobal ”$_POST” variable. And the output of this application looks like as shown below: