PHP - Simple Hour to Week Converter
In this tutorial we will create a Simple Hour to Week Converter using PHP. This code will calculate the given total hour in a week format when the user click the convert button. The code use a PHP POST method to launch a formula that calculate the given hour to get the accurate week value. This is a user-friendly kind of program feel free to modify it.
We will be using PHP as a scripting language and interpreter that is used primarily on any webserver including xamp, wamp, etc. It is being use to any famous websites and it has a modern technology that can easily be use by the next generation.
First you have to download & install XAMPP or any local server that run PHP scripts. Here's the link for XAMPP server https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html.
And, this is the link for the bootstrap that i used for the layout design https://getbootstrap.com/.
Creating The Interface
This is where we will create a simple form for our application. To create the forms simply copy and write it into your text editor, then save it as index.php.
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <html lang="en">
- <meta charset="UTF-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap.css" />
- <nav class="navbar navbar-default">
- <div class="container-fluid">
- <a class="navbar-brand" href="<a href="https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- " rel="nofollow">https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- </a> </div>
- <div class="col-md-3"></div>
- <div class="col-md-6 well">
- <h3 class="text-primary">PHP - Simple Hour to Week Converter</h3>
- <hr style="border-top:1px dotted #ccc;"/>
- <div class="col-md-2"></div>
- <div class="col-md-8">
- <form method="POST" action="">
- <center><label>Enter a hour</label></cemnter>
- <center><input type="number" name="hour" style="width:200px;" class="form-control" min="0" required="required"/></center>
- <br />
- <center><button class="btn btn-primary" name="convert">Convert</button></center>
- <br />
- <?php include'convert.php'?>
Creating the Main Function
This code contains the main function of the application. This code will convert the hour into week when the button is clicked. To make this just copy and write these block of codes below inside the text editor, then save it as convert.php
- $hour = $_POST['hour'];
- $cal = $hour*3600;
- $toWeek = $cal/(7*24*3600);
- $week = round($toWeek, 2);
- echo "<center><label style='font-size:20px;'>There are <span class='text-primary' style='font-size:27px;'>".$hour."hr</span> in <span class='text-primary' style='font-size:27px;'>".$week." week</span></label></center>";
There you have it we successfully created Simple Hour to Week Converter using PHP. I hope that this simple tutorial help you to what you are looking for. For more updates and tutorials just kindly visit this site. Enjoy Coding!