This is an open-source mini-project source code for Site's Newsletter Subscription Form. It is a simple web application's form and mailing feature for the site subscribers to register to receive any updates from the site. The main purpose of developing and publishing this source code is to provide the students and new programmers with a reference for learning how to build a subscription and newsletter feature for the website that they are working on or about to develop.
What is an Email Newsletter?
A newsletter is a regular email issued by a person or company that includes news, updates, and content that has been selected for the topic you signed up for. It is used for sharing information, brand marketing, and building trust with subscribers.
What is a Newsletter Subscription Form?
The Newsletter Subscription Form is a form page, form window, or form panel in a website that allows the site visitors to fill up or to register to join as a subscriber of a certain site that usually requires them to enter their name and email. By filling in and submitting the information, the visitor is allowing the site or site management to send them any updates on the site.
How does this Site's Newsletter Subscription Form source code work?
The Site's Newsletter Subscription Form source code that I am providing here allows the user to subscribe to a certain site to receive any updates. The form requires the possible subscribers to enter their full name and email. After submitting the form, the system will automatically send a verification email to the entered email address of the visitor. The verification email contains a verification link that requires the subscriber to click to confirm the verification of their given email. After the successful verification, the newly subscribed subscribers will receive a sample newsletter from the website.
Features and Functionalities
- Subscription Form
- Sends an Email Verification mail
- Verify Subscribers
- Sneds a sample Newsletter.
Here are the technologies I used for developing this Newsletter Subscription Form.
- VS Code
- MySQL Database
- Ajax Request
- Bootstrap 5.3 Framework
- Google Fonts
- Google Icons
- Gmail SMTP
Here are some of the page snapshots of the Newsletter Subscription Form source code.
Sample Newsletter Email
The Newsletter Subscription Form source code zip file is provided on this website and it is free to download. You can download it by clicking the download button located below this article's content. Feel free to download and modify the source code the way you wanted.
How to Run?
- Download and Install any local web server such as XAMPP.
- Download the provided source code zip file. (download button is located below)
- Set up your XAMPP mailing service. If you want to use Gmail SMTP, visit How to Setup Google/Gmail SMTP in XAMPP.
- Open your XAMPP Control Panel and start Apache and MySQL servers.
- Extract the downloaded source code zip file.
- Copy the extracted source code folder and paste it into the XAMPP's "htdocs" directory.
- Browse the PHPMyAdmin in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- Create a new database named subscription_db.
- Import the provided SQL file. The file is known as subscription_db.sql located inside the database folder.
- Browse the Newsletter Subscription Form in a browser. i.e. http://localhost/php-subscription/.
There you go! You can now test and explore the features and functionalities on your end. I hope this Site's Newsletter Subscription Form using PHP and MySQL Free Source Code will help you with what you are looking for and will be useful for your current and future PHP Projects.
Explore more on this website for more Tutorials and Free Source Codes.
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.