Need Help on POS in vb.net

Hi, I desperately need some guidance and assistance where possible. I am actually a legacy developer with +20 yrs experience in Natural/Cobol. Unfortunately, the job market for my skills is becoming scarce. I have taught myself VB.NET and I can write fully integrated software systems using vb.net. I have now been approached by a company who would like me to rewrite their point of sale system so include various other functions besides the standard functions that most POS are developed. I have developed a similar POS in the pass, but I piggy-backed on the backend of the original software and created a windows based POS. The reason I done this... I did not fully understand how to connect to the Cash Register and downloading the information, as well as uploading the information. So I used the existing software to do this part and then the rest from the windows based application. Can anyone assist me in with some sort of tutorial how to connect to a cash register in vb.net.. Thanks a Mill ETCallHome

Add new comment