PHP - Count A Word In Specific String
In this tutorial we will create a Count A Word In Specific String using PHP. This code can count the words that have been type by the user in the input field. The code itself use a PHP POST method to initiate a function that can track and count the user inputted word. This is helpful for the student that needed to know the amount of words in their project.
We will be using PHP as a scripting language and interpreter that is used primarily on any webserver including xamp, wamp, etc. It is being use to any famous websites and it has a modern technology that can easily be use by the next generation.
First you have to download & install XAMPP or any local server that run PHP scripts. Here's the link for XAMPP server https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html.
And, this is the link for the bootstrap that i used for the layout design https://getbootstrap.com/.
Creating The Interface
This is where we will create a simple form for our application. To create the forms simply copy and write it into your text editor, then save it as index.php.
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <html lang="en">
- <meta charset="UTF-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"/>
- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap.css"/>
- <nav class="navbar navbar-default">
- <div class="container-fluid">
- <a class="navbar-brand" href="<a href="https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- " rel="nofollow">https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- </a> </div>
- <div class="col-md-3"></div>
- <div class="col-md-6 well">
- <h3 class="text-primary">PHP - Count A Word In Specific String</h3>
- <hr style="border-top:1px dotted #ccc;"/>
- <div class="col-md-2"></div>
- <div class="col-md-8">
- <form method="POST" action="">
- <label>Enter a String</label>
- <div class="form-group">
- <textarea class="form-control" required="required" style="resize:none; height:100px;" name="words"></textarea>
- <center><button class="btn btn-primary" name="count">Count Words</button></center>
- <?php include'count.php'?>
Creating the Main Function
This code contains the main function of the application. This code will count the words when the button is clicked. To make this just copy and write these block of codes below inside the text editor, then save it as count.php
There you have it we successfully created a Count A Word In Specific String using PHP. I hope that this simple tutorial help you to what you are looking for. For more updates and tutorials just kindly visit this site. Enjoy Coding!