In this tutorial we will create a Simple Last Day Getter using PHP. This code can track the actual date for the last day of month. The code use date() function to get the day of the last month by adding a parameter t for the required string. This is a user-friendly kind of program feel free to modify it.
We will be using PHP as a scripting language and interpreter that is used primarily on any webserver including xamp, wamp, etc. It is being use to any famous websites and it has a modern technology that can easily be use by the next generation.
First you have to download & install XAMPP or any local server that run PHP scripts. Here's the link for XAMPP server https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html.
And, this is the link for the bootstrap that i used for the layout design https://getbootstrap.com/.
This is where we will create a simple form for our application. To create the forms simply copy and write it into your text editor, then save it as index.php.
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <html lang="en">
- <meta charset="UTF-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"/>
- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap.css"/>
- <nav class="navbar navbar-default">
- <div class="container-fluid">
- <a class="navbar-brand" href="https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- <div class="col-md-3"></div>
- <div class="col-md-6 well">
- <h3 class="text-primary">PHP - Simple Last Day Getter</h3>
- <hr style="border-top:1px dotted #ccc;"/>
- <div class="col-md-3"></div>
- <div class="col-md-6">
- <form method="POST" action="">
- <div class="form-group">
- <label>Enter a month</label>
- <select name="month" class="form-control" required="required">
- <option value="">Select an option</option>
- <option value="January">January</option>
- <option value="February">February</option>
- <option value="March">March</option>
- <option value="April">April</option>
- <option value="May">May</option>
- <option value="June">June</option>
- <option value="July">July</option>
- <option value="August">August</option>
- <option value="September">September</option>
- <option value="October">October</option>
- <option value="November">November</option>
- <option value="December">December</option>
- <center><button class="btn btn-primary" name="get">Get Day</button></center>
- <br /><br />
- <?php include'get_day.php'?>
This code contains the main function of the application. This code will get the last day of the month when the button is clicked. To make this just copy and write these block of codes below inside the text editor, then save it as get_day.php
- $month = $_POST['month'];
- echo "<label style='font-size:18px;'>The last day of <span class='text-success'>".$month."</span> is: <span class='text-danger' style='font-size:30px;'>".$get_last_day."</span></label>";
There you have it we successfully created Simple Last Day Getter using PHP. I hope that this simple tutorial help you to what you are looking for. For more updates and tutorials just kindly visit this site. Enjoy Coding!
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.