In this tutorial, I will teach you how to fill data with two display member based on combobox using c#. This method will illustrate how the two fields will link each other using the concatenation process. It also has the ability to display two fields in the combobox at the same time. This method is simple yet so helpful when you are dealing with combobox.
Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and create a new windows form application in C#.
Do the form just like shown below.
Press F7 to open the code editor. In the code editor, add a namespace for
OLeDB to access
- using System.Data.OleDb;
Create a connection between access database and c#. After that, declare all the classes that are needed.
- OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0; Data Source =" + Application.StartupPath + "/studentdb.accdb");
- OleDbCommand cmd;
- OleDbDataAdapter da;
- DataTable dt;
Create a method for filling data in the combobox.
- private void fill_data(string sql,ComboBox cbo)
- cmd = new OleDbCommand();
- da = new OleDbDataAdapter();
- dt = new DataTable();
- cmd.Connection = con;
- cmd.CommandText = sql;
- da.SelectCommand = cmd;
- cbo.DataSource = dt;
- cbo.DisplayMember = "Name";
- cbo.ValueMember = "ID";
- }catch(Exception ex)
Do the following code to execute the method that you have created in the first load of the form.
- private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
- string sql;
- sql = "SELECT ID,(Fname + ' ' + Lname) as Name FROM tblstudent";
- fill_data(sql, comboBox1);
Download the complete sourcecode and run it on your computer.
For any questions about this article. You can contact me @
Email – [email protected]
Mobile No. – 09305235027 – TNT
Or feel free to comment below
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.