Secure Registration and Login Script with PHP and MySQL using CodeIgniter and Ion Auth
This is a secure registration and login form created using CodeIgniter and Ion Auth.
I highly recommend using Ion Auth to secure the login form of your site as this is already tested and proven to prevent SQL Injection.
In addition, I use Bootstrap to improve the design of the form.
Here’s the instruction on how to setup CodeIgniter, Ion Auth and Bootstrap.
1. Download CodeIgniter
- Extract the files to your server. Example if you’re using XAMPP, extract it to D:\xampp\htdocs
2. Download Ion Auth
- Extract the files under application folder. Example if you extract CodeIgniter in D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg then extract Ion Auth under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\application
3. Download Bootstrap
- Extract Bootstrap under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg. You can choose to create another folder as long as it is relative to the path of the CodeIgniter file. Example, extract the folder under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\assets or D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\bootstrap.
Configure CodeIgniter and Ion Auth
Before we configure CodeIgniter, first import the SQL file included with Ion Auth.
Open phpMyAdmin as follows:
Create a database name
loginreg (short for login and registration).
Click Import tab and browse the file located under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\application\sql. Choose the file named
ion_auth.sql if you’re using MySQL as your database.
Open config.php under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\application\config folder. Change the following info into:
- $config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost:8080/ci-ionauth-reg';
- $config['index_page'] = '';
Open database.php under D:\xampp\htdocs\ci-ionauth-reg\application\config folder. Change the following info into:
- 'hostname' => 'localhost',
- 'username' => 'root',
- 'password' => '',
- 'database' => 'loginreg',
Note: I just change some few lines of code of Auth.php under controllers folder like:
- $this->_render_page('header_view', $this->data);
- $this->_render_page('auth/login', $this->data);
- $this->_render_page('footer_view', $this->data);
header_view and footer_view includes the code to include Bootstrap file.
To open the login form and registration form, visit the following URLs:
Username: [email protected]
You can also change the registration URL from
http://localhost/ci-ionauth-reg/register by setting the routes.
Example, open routes.php under config folder.
$route['register'] = 'auth/create_user';
You can add the line after
$route['default_controller'] = 'welcome';
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to as under the comments below.
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.