Welcome to the tutorials of "How to develop an Android App". In these tutorials, you will learn to develop app in Android step by step. Android is an open source and Linux-based operating system for all kind of devices. Here you will learn about the basic coding structure and the basic hardware required to develop an android app. This is a platform where you will learn to make any android application. You will explore all parts of Android software and how to use it. And you'll see the different frameworks and techniques which are important to build an android application.
Android OS is a wide platform. This OS does not rely on hardware and any service provider. In this era nearly all the latest devices use Android. Before we proceed, you need to download Android Studio and SDK Tools.
The following image will show the whole description of why we should prefer android for application development:
Features of Android:
- UI: it is very user friendly
- Database/Storage: most less memory consumed by SQLite
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LTE, NFC, GSM, CDMA and WiMAX
- Messaging: SMS and MMS
- Multi-Touch: available for any touch screen devices
- Smart Widgets: any type of widgets can be adjusted to any size desired and moveable as required
- Multi-Tasking: user can execute many tasks at the same time
- Wi-Fi Direct: automatic detection of Wi-Fi
- Multiple Language: added many languages
Android Versions Introduced:
Following is the timeline of android versions introduced and that are currently existing: