The following is an important note in building a User Registration and Form Validation Using CodeIgniter.
There are two lines that were change/added as follows:
- $route['default_controller'] = "register";
- $route['success'] = "register/success";
On line 55 we have added database and session to load automatically. This means that you do not need to call it in your controller.
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database','session');
There were only two lines of code that were changed here.
At line 17:
$config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost/CI/';
At line 227:
$config['encryption_key'] = '0rGBISBT61k7453Ooq6343KjtGe9Xjv4';
To generate a random key of your own please visit Random Keygen.
The last configuration is the database.
Don’t forget to change the following as follows:
- $db['default']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
- $db['default']['username'] = 'root';
- $db['default']['password'] = '';
- $db['default']['database'] = 'ci_tutorial';
Then we have added the following files according to the folder it belongs:
Take note that you do not need to touch any code that is not under the application’s folder. That is, don’t modify any file under system’s folder.
CodeIgniter is a PHP framework and is maintained by the developer. Any modification to the system’s folder will be overwritten if you forgot to backup it when you upgrade to the latest version.
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.