In this source code you will learn on how to create a login form and connect VB.net to Microsoft Access.
- First you create a database in microsoft access
- copy what is on the image shown above.
Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and create a new windows form application for vb.
Create your User Interface.
Connect VB to MS ACCESS
Code for Log in Button
- Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
- Dim con As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.jet.OleDB.4.0;Data Source = " & Application.StartupPath & "\datastorage.mdb;")
- Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand( _
- "SELECT * FROM logininfo WHERE Username = '" & _
- TextBox1.Text & "' AND [Password] = '" & txtPassword.Text & "' ", con)
- Dim sdr As OleDbDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()
- If (sdr.Read() = True) Then
- MessageBox.Show("You are Now Logged In")
- MessageBox.Show("Invalid Username or Password!")
- End If
- End Sub
Code for cancel button
- If MsgBox("Do you want to exit?", vbYesNo + vbQuestion) = vbYes Then
- End If
- Code for show password check box:
- If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
- txtPassword.PasswordChar =""
- txtPassword.PasswordChar = "•"
- End If
Hope you learn basic coding guys .... if you have questions contact me:
Support Developer by donation GCASH : 09454339345
gmail : [email protected]
Facebook : Clyde Chectopher A. Tiu
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.