In this tutorial we will create a Simple Select Random Query using PHP. This code can display a random query in the page with using MySQLi query. The code use simple MySQLi Select query to display a random data by just adding a rand() parameter in the ORDER BY statement. This a user-friendly program feel free to modify and use it to your system.
We will be using PHP as a scripting language and interpreter that is used primarily on any webserver including xamp, wamp, etc. It is being use to any famous websites because of modern approach as its today.
First you have to download & install XAMPP or any local server that run PHP scripts. Here's the link for XAMPP server https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html.
And, this is the link for the bootstrap that i used for the layout design https://getbootstrap.com/.
Open your database web server then create a database name in it db_query, after that click Import then locate the database file inside the folder of the application then click ok.
Open your any kind of text editor(notepad++, etc..). Then just copy/paste the code below then name it conn.php.
This is where we will create a simple form for our application. To create the forms simply copy and write it into your text editor, then save it as index.php.
- <!DOCTYPE html>
- <html lang="en">
- <meta charset="UTF-8" name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"/>
- <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap.css"/>
- <nav class="navbar navbar-default">
- <div class="container-fluid">
- <a class="navbar-brand" href="https://sourcecodester.com">Sourcecodester</a>
- <div class="col-md-3"></div>
- <div class="col-md-6 well">
- <h3 class="text-primary">PHP - Simple Select Random Query Using MySQLi</h3>
- <hr style="border-top:1px dotted #ccc;"/>
- <div class="col-md-2"></div>
- <div class="col-md-8">
- <a href="" class="btn btn-success"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-refresh"></span> Refresh</a>
- <br /><br />
- <table class="table table-bordered">
- <thead class="alert-info">
- <?php include'query.php'?>
This code contains the main function of the application. This code will display a random query when the web application has launch. To make this just copy and write these block of codes below inside the text editor, then save it as query.php
There you have it we successfully created Simple Select Random Query using PHP. I hope that this simple tutorial help you to what you are looking for. For more updates and tutorials just kindly visit this site. Enjoy Coding!
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.