Detect and Display the Screen Resolution in VB.NET
This tutorial will teach you how to create a program that can detect and display the screen resolution in vb.net.
Now, let's start this tutorial!
1. Let's start with creating a Windows Form Application for this tutorial by following the following steps in Microsoft Visual Studio: Go to File, click New Project, and choose Windows Application.
2. Next, add only two labels named Label1 and Label2 to get the width and the height of the resolution.
3. Now, lets start the coding.
We will just put our code in our Form_Load. We will just use the My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Right to get the width of your screen resolution and the My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Bottom to get the height of screen.
- Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
- Label1.Text = CStr(My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Right)
- Label2.Text = CStr(My.Computer.Screen.WorkingArea.Bottom + 30)
- End Sub
As you can see the code above, we have the code CStr to convert the number for the Screen Resolution into string. We have added 30 for our bottom screen to capture the height of the screen.
For more inquiries and need programmer for your thesis systems in any kind of programming languages, just contact my number below.
Engr. Lyndon Bermoy
IT Instructor/System Developer/Android Developer/Freelance Programmer
Add and Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donzzsky
Visit and like my page on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BermzISware