Even Numbers are any integer that can be divided exactly by 2. The last digit will be 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8. If it is not an even number, it is called an odd number. The last digit will be 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9.
In this tutorial, we will create a program that can determine a number whether odd or even.
Now, let's start this tutorial!
1. Let's start with creating a Windows Form Application for this tutorial by following the following steps in Microsoft Visual Studio: Go to File, click New Project, and choose Windows Application.
2. Next, add only one Button named Button1 and labeled it as "Determine if Odd or Even Number". Insert also Textbox and named it as Textbox1 for inputting the desired number. You must design your interface like this:
3. Now put this code for your code module. This code is for Button1_Click:
Public Class Form1
- Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
- Dim Mynumber As Integer
- Dim isEven As Boolean
- Mynumber = Val(TextBox1.Text)
- If Mynumber Mod 2 = 0 Then
- isEven = True
- MsgBox("The number " & " " & Mynumber & " is an even number")
- MsgBox(Mynumber & " " & "is an Odd number")
- End If
- End Sub
- End Class
We initialized variable Mynumber as Integer to hold the value inputted in textbox1. The main reason to get the even number is to get their value as divisible by 2 that is equal to zero. So that is why we used the Mod function. Mod Operator divides two numbers and returns only the remainder. The number inputted in textbox1 was divided by 2 and if the remainder is zero then we considered it as an even number. Otherwise, it is an odd number in our If-Else statement.
Download the source code below and try it! :)
For more inquiries and need programmer for your thesis systems in any kind of programming languages, just contact my number below.
Engr. Lyndon Bermoy
IT Instructor/System Developer/Android Developer/Freelance Programmer
Add and Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donzzsky
Visit and like my page on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BermzISware
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.