Remove all numbers in the TextBox using C#
Today in C#, we will make a program in which if we input a number or numbers in the textbox, it will remove or clear those numbers if we will click the remove button.
Now, let's start this tutorial!
1. Let's start with creating a Windows Form Application in C# for this tutorial by following the following steps in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010: Go to File, click New Project, and choose Windows Application.
2. Next, add only one Button named Button1 and labeled it as "Remove All Numbers" and one TextBox named TextBox1 that will serve as our input. You must design your interface like this:
3. Now put this code for your code module. This code is for Button1_Click:
- public void Button1_Click(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
- string tmpString = null;
- for (int i = 0; i <= TextBox1.Text.Length - 1; i++)
- if (!Information.IsNumeric(TextBox1.Text.Substring(i, 1)))
- tmpString = tmpString + TextBox1.Text.Substring(i, 1);
- TextBox1.Text = tmpString;
We have initialized variable tmpString as an empty string. Then we have created a For Next loop that variable i as integer will be equal to zero up to the length of the textbox minus 1. Inside the loop, we have created an If statement that if the textbox contains a number then it will remove it. The Not keyword is for negation, IsNumeric returns a Boolean value indicating whether an expression can be evaluated as a number, Substring - returns the substring of the first argument starting at the position specified in the second argument and the length specified in the third argument.
For more inquiries and need programmer for your thesis systems in any kind of programming languages, just contact my number below.
Engr. Lyndon Bermoy
IT Instructor/System Developer/Android Developer/Freelance Programmer
If you have some queries, feel free to contact the number or e-mail below.
Add and Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/donzzsky
Visit and like my page on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/BermzISware