Find Weather Forecast from IP Address
To retrieve the weather forecast for your location based only on your current IP, the full tutorial will have the following 5 sections (http://bit.ly/1A5Y651), that will:
- Describe elements needed for weather forecast retrieval
- Describe the weather station code field of IP2Location
- Show code that gets the weather station code from IP address
- Show code that retrieves the weather forecast from Yahoo! Weather using the weather station code.
- Show code that retrieves the weather forecast using IP2Location
Here, I will only show you how to retrieve the weather forecast.
- //includes the IP2Location framework
- //function that sends and retrieves an answer from a HTTP request
- function SendRequest( $url, $method = 'GET', $data = array(), $headers = array('Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded') )
- $context = stream_context_create(array
- 'http' => array(
- 'method' => $method,
- 'header' => $headers,
- 'content' => http_build_query( $data )
- return file_get_contents($url, false, $context);
- //the client's IP
- $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
- // Standard lookup with no cache
- $loc = new IP2Location('databases/db24.bin');
Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. After downloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.
Virus note: All files are scanned once-a-day by SourceCodester.com for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, PLEASE:
1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.