Introduction to Python
A powerful interpreted programming language that can do simple and complex tasks. Due to its simplicity and ability to perform mathematical calculations at a high pace. It’s being used in a number of industries from Computer Vision, Data Science, Mathematics and Machine Learning. As python is an interpreted language so it’s easy to debug and hence helps developers in doing rapid application development very quickly.
Why you should learn Python
- Python is easy and simple to learn.
- Python is very powerful due to its interpreted nature, hence it makes development and debugging easier.
- Many platforms already have Python installed so its setup is quite easy.
- Due to its ability to perform mathematical calculations quite fast its being used in Data Science and Machine Learning applications which are very high in demand.
Advantages of Python
- Python is an open source language.
- It has simple syntax for handling complex data structures.
- Python speeds up development due to its simplicity.
- Due to its open source nature there are a lot of useful libraries in Python and their number is increasing everyday.
Python vs Other Language
- Python has already overtake other languages like PHP.
- It's now trending compared with C#, Java, and C++.
Which version of Python you should learn?
Although Python 2 is still supported but its highly recommended to learn Python 3 as it’s being updated on a regular basis and the latest development in tech companies is being done in Python 3.