VS Code, or Visual Studio Code, is a popular and free code editor used by software developers for writing and editing computer programs. Developed by Microsoft, this code editor is designed to enable developers to write, organize, and understand their code more efficiently and effectively. It offers features like auto-completion, debugging tools, and extensions that provide additional benefits.
Here are the Top 10 VS Code Extensions:
Prettier – Code Formatter
Auto Rename Tag
- Auto Rename Tag is a simple but helpful extension that assists developers in editing tags in HTML and XML. This extension automatically renames the closing tag to match changes made in the opening tag, and vice versa. As of September 2023, this extension has been installed more than 15 million times.
Material Icon Theme
- Material Icon Theme is a simple extension exclusively designed for visual enhancement. This extension adds colorful and visually appealing icons to your files and folders in VS Code. While it may seem simple, it aids in easily identifying different files, folders, and directories in your project.
- GitLens is one of the most powerful extensions for managing Git within VS Code. This extension enhances your Git repositories with features like blame annotations, commit history exploration, code authorship tracking, and more. It is particularly useful for developers working on Git-based projects.
Code Spell Checker
- Code Spell Checker is a helpful extension for developers. As the name suggests, it is valuable for catching spelling and typographical errors while writing code or comments. It improves code quality and readability by highlighting incorrect text and offering correction options.
Bracket Pair Colorizer
- Bracket Pair Colorizer enhances code readability by colorizing brackets, parentheses, and braces in your code. It makes it easier to identify the scope of code blocks.
- Better Comments is a useful VS Code extension that improves code documentation and collaboration. It enhances the way you add comments to your code by allowing you to categorize and highlight comments based on their purpose. This extension supports numerous programming languages and ensures developers have a better understanding of the code.
As a developer, your code editor is the most important tool for writing and executing code. Using VS Code with its various extensions enhances your programming journey by providing better capabilities, making it even more powerful and customizable to meet your specific needs as a developer.