Create an Android Project Using Eclipse
If you have already downloaded and extracted the Android SDK, you are now ready to create your first Android app. If not, please go back to our previous article on Android Tutorial.
Without further ado, open your Eclipse editor.
Follow the steps below on how to create Android project.
- Click File >> New >> Android Application Project.
- In New Android Application dialog, enter the Application Name, Project Name, and Package Name.
- On the Next screen that said configure project.
- If you have an icon, browse it and click Next.
- Now select an Activity template. For now, select Blank Activity and click Next.
- On the next screen, change the layout name from activity_main to main. Then click Finish.
- Now run the emulator by clicking Window menu >> Android Virtual Device Manager.
- Now run your first App.
I have also prepared a video so you will understand it better.