How to Improve your Programming Skills?
In this article you will learn a simple technique on how to improve your programming skills. I know this will work because this is a proven experience of my own. The following steps will greatly improve your programming skills.
1. Read a book – I cannot stress how important reading to improve your programming skills. But for me it work very well. More on “A Very Important Tool a Computer Programmer Must Have”.
2. Write your own code – I know it’s very hard to write your a code if you don’t have any project to do. But read the next step.
3. Download free source code – download free source code and modify some function which you do not like. Add additional features. Download some trial version software related to the source code you have downloaded and imitate what you can’t find in the source code.
4. Upload your source code – upload your source code so other programmer may see it and give you advice. Some may criticize but don’t worry it’s normal.
5. Be patient – patient is another way to improve your skills. Don’t hurry. This will only complicate the situation. Set a goal. May be one month to learn the fundamentals of programming. Two months to learn database programming. Three months to learn game programming.
6. Get some job online – look for available job online. More on “How to become a highly paid freelance programmer”.
7. Get some job offline – you may also wish to look for a job on your local town. You can advertise your name and number in your local newspaper. Tell your friends if they know someone who is looking for programmer. You do not know your friend has another friend who is looking for a programmer. Prepare your calling card.
8. If you get bored and don’t know what to do just relax. Leave your computer. Comeback later on and read some book about programming. Watch “A day in the life of a programmer” to get motivated.
Do you have experience to share with? Post your comments below or create you own blog by registering here.