Visual Studio 2012 and .NET Frameworkd 4.5 Released Through MSDN
The highly-anticipated released of the latest version of Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012, Team Foundation Server 2012, and .NET Framework 4.5 was released today through Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN).
The first that can download immediately the updates were subscribers of the MSDN only, while volume licensing customers will be able to download starting tomorrow from Volume Licensing Service Center.
In the next few days you'll be able to find the product in stores as well as some availability to purchase through the Visual Studio Product Website. In order to evaluate the free trial versions or download the free Express products, please visit the Visual Studio product website today.
The latest released from Microsoft have adopted agile practices and using IDE and ALM tools.
One of the most important goal for the release of the latest version of Visual Studio and .NET Framework to develop more great apps for Windows 8. Therefore, in coordination with today’s developer tools releases, you’ll notice that the final version of Windows 8 has released to the web as well.
In addition to the Blend Tools that ship with Visual Studio 2012 RTM, Microsoft have also released a new Blend + SketchFlow Preview for Visual Studio 2012 RTM, that addresses some top Blend customer requests, including support for WPF, Silverlight, and SketchFlow.
Here are the main reasons for the Visual Studio Updates:
- Develop for Windows 8. It contains all the tools needed to develop killer apps for Windows 8, from templates to designers, to testing and and debugging.
- Develop for the Web. Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 provides the latest advances in ASP.NET.
- Develop for Windows Phone 8. Provide support for developing Windows Phone 8 applications.
- Develop for Windows Azure. The best possible tools to develop your cloud services.
- Develop Business Applications.
- Develop Games and other 3D Applications.
- Take Advantage of the Latest Language Advancement.
- Performance, Reliability and Compatibility Improvements.
- For more information about the latest features of Visual Studio 2012 just visit the Official MSDN Blog.